Friday, July 13th, 2012
Doing homework always seems like a tedious task to students. But it is important that homework is done efficiently as it:
- Helps students to revise concepts studied in class.
- Helps students to get an insight into topics that will be covered in the class subsequently.
- Is a form of practice of the lesson taught.
However, homework loses its purpose when done half-heartedly, or in a hurry, or when just copied from a friend in the home room. But, there are some simple tips, which will help students do homework efficiently and on time and in the process actually learn something from it while retaining what they have learnt for future reference. These pointers are as listed below:
- Find a quiet place to do your homework—a place where you are comfortable.
- Make sure all your books and supplies are with you before you commence homework; the fewer distractions the easier it is for students to concentrate.
- Tackle the tougher assignments first, and leave the simpler ones for later. That way if you’re short on time later, you’ll only have easy assignments to worry about, not difficult ones.
- If you have deadlines, make sure you first finish off assignments which are due sooner, so that you don’t panic at the last minute.
- Healthy snacking helps keep students alert. So, it won’t hurt to have a snack bar or a fruit at the side of your table for you to munch on when you get hungry. This will also preserve the momentum with which you are working, as you won’t have to get up to take a snack break.
- Sometimes, timing yourself makes things a little more interesting. This is good especially for math homework. For example, time yourself for ten questions and try to beat that time for the next ten. Challenging yourself and succeeding will leave you content and if you are unable to succeed, then at least you will become aware of what your weak points are.
- If there is a heavy amount of homework, then make it a point to take breaks. Give yourself ten to twenty minutes break after every couple of hours, to take a walk, or listen to some music. This will revitalize your senses and help you get back to being alert for your work.
Simple steps make homework easy and make students more efficient.
Friday, July 13th, 2012
The Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) is a compulsory exam to be taken by any student who wishes to go to the United States for graduation. Preparing for SAT, just like any other test, requires intense study of therequired material. Some useful tips listed below will help students to prepare and succeedin the SAT.
- First and foremost, get accustomed to the format of the test. The SAT has sections titled critical reading, writing, vocabulary and mathematics.
- In your practice for the test, time yourself according to the time limit provided in the format of the practice test. A SAT test is four hours long. The time allotted to each section should be appropriately divided.
- To prepare for the SAT thoroughly, it is extremely important to have a ‘Study Plan’ in place. Students, make sure you know what you need to study, and exactly how you plan on studying it.
- For the writing section, students will have to practice essay writing, else they will not be able to performwell in the test.
- For the critical reading section, it is necessary that the student reads as much material as possible. Make it a habit (out of regular practice) to spot the nuances of the passage and also work very hard to pick up your vocabulary skills.
- The math section is no different from any other mathtest. The only key to good preparation is practice. Practice, practice, practice! Also, make sure you have learnt your formulae well, and are in no confusion about the fundamental concepts of various math chapters.
- Take as many practice SATs as possible. It will incorporate not only testing your actual knowledge but also how successfully you attempt various sections when there is the added pressure of time limit on your head.
- Most important of all do not be nervous during the exam. Read the SAT test calmly and go about attempting questions in a methodical way.
These simple tips will helpyouto prepare for the Scholastic Aptitude Test. Be sincere and work hard– that will help you the most.
Monday, February 13th, 2012
Online tutoring is a concept which has essentially been devised to accommodate the learning skills of students of all calibers. It incorporates in its learning regimen various techniques of teaching students. As an added benefit, it is also a cheaper mode of tutoring and is proving to be far more useful than private tutoring.
To score better grades, it is important that students understand the concepts clearly, and have sound fundamentals. Online tutoring caters to exactly that need of the students. Moreover, it is important to keep students interested in their studies and online tutoring makes the learning more interactive.
Online tutoring is fast becoming popular as a mode of studies and of understanding concepts. It is a step in the right direction completely in keeping with the technologically advanced generation. It is important, however, to know exactly what tools are available for the students to use and what distinctive features of online tutoring allow students to score better grades.
Online tutoring allows a concept to be explained in more ways than one. The students are explained a topic in number of ways in case they are unable to comprehend by one approach. Also, online tutoring does not follow the concept of ‘one size fits all’ and recognizes the fact that different students have different learning styles, be it visual, audible, or textual and also the time taken to comprehend for each student is not the same. Some students may learn a concept faster compared to the others.
Another major benefit of online tutoring is the vastness of the topics it can cover. Due to the presence of this mode of tutoring on the internet, it is very easy for the students to go in detail and do that extra bit of study. This not only re-emphasizes existing knowledge, but also gives students a chance to explore the practical use of what they have learnt in theory. This helps the students to retain easily what they have learnt.
Online tutoring helps students score better grades, essentially because each student gets individual attention unlike in coaching classes or in school. It is important that students take full advantage of the time spent on tutorials and online tutoring ensures just that.
Another huge benefit of online tutoring is that it is not bound by geography. Students can communicate and interact with students and teachers from different cities, regions or even countries. For a student population that has million questions and wants to know more and more with every passing minute, online tutoring is a boon. Right from establishing a strong foundation to going in depth and clearing the minutest detail, online tutoring has it all covered.
Thursday, February 9th, 2012
A major feature of online tutoring is free Homework Help. As the name suggests, this feature allows students to seek help with their homework, online. The basic idea is to help out students, by offering them the advice of experts and by clarifying whatever doubts they may have.
Since this help is provided online, it is available at any given point of time and students can expect quick responses to their queries. Websites like schooltrainer.com provide online homework help to students all over the world and in over thirty subjects. The idea is to help via explaining the concepts well for school level and college level students, both.
The easiest way to get homework help is to log on to an education portal and post a question for fellow viewers to answer. This is an interactive method of getting help with homework. It makes it easy to get the view points and interpretations of others into your work. The downside to education portals, however, is that there is no professional guidance per say. Since one is only interacting with people of the same age group, and with queries of their own, portals prove to be of little help.
The more helpful way these days is to simply log onto an online tutorial and send in whatever queries one may have. Usually it is required that students register on the websites of online tutorials but it is a simple procedure. After registration, it is extremely easy for students to simply log in and post questions they need answered. The biggest benefit of such websites is that these sites have hired professionals and experts in various subjects to answer questions of the students. The Homework-Help websites also display similar questions asked by other students, hence providing the students with examples of the same problems. This enhances the quality of the answers that the students receive. These answers are more comprehensive and are easy to understand.
Apart from posting questions and waiting for replies there are also provisions which support a chat format of asking questions. Students can join chat threads that display the people who are currently online and by way of asking questions in the chat threads they can get answers immediately and do not need to wait for the answers.
In a time where everything is driven by technology it has been made sure that homework is no longer a problem for students. It is extremely easy for students to log on to the internet and have all their questions answered and problems solved. Online tutoring and online Homework Help ensures that homework is no longer a task but is instead a true learning experience.
Sunday, March 13th, 2011
Schooltrainer.com launches Video Ebooks Library on Facebook, http://www.schooltrainer.com/study-material.html
Monday, January 10th, 2011
We would like to share some useful tips on how you should study for exams:
- Start on Day One. Time is the key to success while you are preparing for the exams. Without wasting any time you should start preparing for the next exam. Organize your schedule for the coming days before the exam such that you do a little every day. You should start studying 2-3 days prior to your exam. Most importantly don’t burn lamp at both the ends of a day as this will do no good. Since practice makes man perfect so inculcate of the habit of practicing avidly. This prevents you from overnight cramming.
- Get a Good Night’s Sleep. It is equally essential to have a good night’s sleep as to regain the complete mental efficiency one needs adequate rest. So do not skip on night sleeps.
- Jot Down Key Concepts/Formulas. Study your notes well you have made so far. Make a concise list of important points and formulas with their correct application in problems. Making a list of key formulas save a lot of time and help in memorization better.
- Revise Homework Problems. Consider your homework problems seriously so make it a point that you do not just read over the homework problems but actually re-do them and practice more of the kind. Writing down the steps will help you to remember them. Make sure that you try to do the problems before you verify your answers.
- Do Not Leave Book/Notes Examples. Solved examples in book and notes carry high weightage as they are very likely to be asked in exams. Make it certain that you practice them without seeing the solution; there won’t be much help otherwise.
- Look for Identifying Characteristics in Problems. There are some identifying features associated with each type of problem, keep an eye for observing them distinctly so that you can optimize your time in correctly identifying and solving that problem in exam. So, while reviewing your homework look for identifying characteristics that will give you clues on how to identify that kind of problem.
- Take a Practice Exam. Usually, many books contain a lot of unsolved problems at the back of the every chapter. Take them up as a self-testing exercise. Solve the problems in well stipulated time frame. Make sure that you do it honestly without peeping into the solutions or referring to your notes. This will give you the right estimate of your preparation and enhance your confidence significantly.
Thursday, April 15th, 2010
Math is one of the challenging subjects, which demands regular practice and clarity of fundamentals. Usually, the child is unable to develop this practice habit on his own. Pressure of other subjects, working parents and examination stress are some of the possible obstacles. In such cases, math tutoring is the best way out.
Math tutoring works as a multipurpose tool. It provides a consistent support to the child in building strong fundamentals, and thus, clarifying all concepts. A math tutor assists the child in every possible way to eliminate all sorts of fears regarding the subject. He inculcates a regular practice habit in the child.
No doubt, math tutoring offers a magical math help.
- It strengthens the basics of the child
- It reduces the stress on the child, especially during examinations
- It develops the child’s understanding of the subject through regular practice
- It motivates the child and instills competence in him
An easy solution to all the problems of your child, math tutoring is indeed transformative. A regular guidance easily paves way for highs scores and strong fundamental concepts. At the end, it instills a renewed spirit and confidence in the child.
Thursday, April 15th, 2010
It has been observed that with gradual increase in the burden of studies, children start lacking in grasping math concepts and formulae. The level of studies start becoming difficult as the child reaches the higher grades. Concepts such as calculus and trigonometry are always found to be difficult for students to understand at the first go. This is where online assistance of calculus tutoring helps students a lot with making them grasp these difficult looking concepts easily.
Studying calculus is considered to be vital for any field. Be it engineering or any other field of science, calculus somehow links to life of everybody. Only learning the formulae and solving the problems does not help in the long run and it should be done for understanding the concept. Calculus tutoring is what helps in understanding the basics of Calculus. The approach followed here is to make student grasp the fundamentals of calculus in interesting and interactive ways so that he does not forget them easily and keep them in their mind to apply those in ordinary life.
Calculus tutoring online focus on giving examples from daily life situations where calculus is handy and not just keeping it mere a subject which involves solving difficult problems. Students get to learn principles of calculus through examples which act as a great help at every level. No doubt, considering calculus tutoring help can boost your calculus understanding capabilities.
Thursday, February 25th, 2010
Today’s curriculum is vast. Consequently, students often need help in doing their homework. Teachers in school are not always able to provide help when the students most need it. This is where the online homework help comes in.
Many people believe that this is a form of cheating, but this is far from the truth. Students seek help from online teachers just like they do when they are in their class. The difference being that the online teachers are available to them at any hour of the day and not just during school hours. Online homework help is just the thing that many students need to excel, as it enables them to avoid “getting stuck” and helps them focus on areas where they need practice.
Technology is helping students perform well in their studies. If you need help with homework, there are many sources of online homework help, including one-on-one academic coaching. By dong some research, you may also find some free resources for online homework help.
Saturday, February 20th, 2010
Online math tutors are gaining popularity because of their simple and effective approach of helping students. The Internet has whittled down boundaries between various countries and the flow of the information among teachers and students throughout the world has grown dramatically.
Why to use a math tutor online?
Online math tutoring is proving to be much better than traditional tutoring sessions due to many reasons.
- Without much hassle, you can get help from a math tutor online and solve all your questions fast and at minimal cost.
- Focused attention on the problems and individual sessions helps students in solving all kinds of math problems.
- Interactive animations and visuals used while teaching never fail to create the desired interest in the subject.
- Your math homework problems will no longer be a source of worry if you can access an efficient math tutor online.
- An online math tutor personalizes study programs according to each student’s capabilities.
Online tutoring assists students with planned programs that focus on the required skills. A diagnostic test is all that it takes to identify learning styles and strengths of student. Dedicated software, flexible time schedule and a syllabus designed according to the student’s needs are only some of the advantages of being able to access a math tutor online. Just get in touch with a good math tutor online and bid goodbye to your math problems.
Promo: Get a Trial Session of our Online Math Tutoring for just $1, Get Started